Co-operators $40,000 Contest Giveaway 2022
Official Contest Rules (Rules)
This contest is sponsored by Co-operators General Insurance Company (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
- CONTEST PERIOD: Co-operators $40,000 Contest Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) will run from January 1, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. EST until December 31, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria below (“Eligible Participants”):
- Subject to the exclusions below in paragraph (b), the Contest is open to all individuals who are members and/or employees of group policyholders under The Co-operators Group Auto and Home Insurance Program (the “Program”) who are legal residents of Canada and who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry (the “Participating Groups”).
- The following are excluded from eligibility in the Contest: (a) employees, representatives and mandataries (and persons with whom they are domiciled) of the Sponsor, their advertising and promotional agencies and any independent contest judging organization; and (b) members and/or employees (and persons with whom they are domiciled) of the following excluded group policyholders: Assiniboine Credit Union, Buffalo Credit Union, Deloitte, Price Waterhouse Coopers, The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada and Confédération québécoise des coopératives d'habitation (the “Excluded Groups”).
HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Participants may enter through one of the following methods of entry:
All phone call entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2022 (the “Contest Closing Date”). All entries received by the Contest Closing Date will be eligible for the Grand Prize Draws. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, stolen or destroyed entries. Limit of one (1) entry per Eligible Participant per draw, regardless of method of entry. In the event it is discovered that an entrant attempted to enter more than once, all of that entrant's entries will be void.
- Telephone auto and/or home insurance quote: To earn one (1) entry into the Contest: call 1-800-387-1963 and speak to a licensed insurance representative quoting the estimate ID provided during the online quoting process and complete the information requested. If you are a resident of British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan, an auto insurance quote is not available to you so you must obtain a home insurance quote only in order to be entered into the Contest.
- Automatic entry for contest participants who are already insured under the Program: If you (i) have a current and active policy in good standing through a Participating Group in the Program and (ii) you are not part of the Excluded Groups, you are automatically granted one (1) entry into the Contest. In order to claim a prize if your entry is selected in the random draw, you must maintain a current and active policy in good standard through a Participating Group in the Program through until the end of the Contest Period. If you wish to opt out of the automatic entry for the Contest please send your request to: The Co-operators $40,000 Contest Giveaway 2022, 5600 Cancross Court, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R3E9.
- No purchase entry: Eligible Participants may enter into the Contest without obtaining a home and/or auto insurance quote by mailing their hand-printed name, address, city, province or territory, postal code, telephone number, email address, and a unique and original 100-word or more handwritten essay on "Insurance Protection" in a postage stamped envelope to: Co-operators $40,000 Contest Giveaway 2022, 5600 Cancross Court, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R3E9. Limit of one (1) unique, mail-in, entry per Eligible Participant during the Contest Period. All no purchase entries must be postmarked by the last day of the Contest Period. No mechanical reproduction permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
PRIZE DRAWS: There will be four (4) grand prize draws, one held at the end of each quarter, on or around April 1, 2022, July 1, 2022, October 1, 2022, and January 1, 2023, each for an amount of ten thousand Canadian dollars ($10,000) to be selected by random draw from among all eligible entries received during the previous quarter/s (each a “Grand Prize”. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries submitted and received during the Contest Period in accordance with these Rules. Each Grand Prize Draw will take place at Promotional Elements Inc., 5-25 McIntyre Place, Kitchener, Ontario, N2R 1H1.
WINNER SELECTION: Selected entrants will be contacted by the Sponsor by mail, email, telephone and/or courier. In order to be declared a contest winner and claim a Grand Prize, the selected entrant must:
In the event a selected entrant cannot be contacted by the Sponsor within 21 days of the draw, or if the selected entrant has not manifested nor contacted the Sponsor within such prescribed time, its participation will be canceled and another random draw will be conducted by independent judges to proceed with the drawing of an alternate winner who will be subject to the same rules set forth in these Rules.
meet the Eligibility requirements in these Rules and must, on the date of the draw, continue to be a member or employee of a Participating Group;
correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise;
accept the Grand Prize, as described in these Rules, which cannot be transferred, modified, substituted for another prize, or exchanged; and
complete and sign a Declaration and Liability Release form provided by Co-operators releasing the Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies and the contest judging organization from all liability. The completed Declaration and Liability Release must be returned to : Co-operators $40,000 Contest Giveaway 2021, 5600 Cancross Court, Mississauga, Ontario, L5R3E9, within seven (7) days following the selected entrant’s receipt of such Release form, unless the Sponsor expressly specifies another return date, or the Grand Prize may be forfeited.
PRIZE: Each Grand Prize of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) will be issued in the form of a cheque or money order made payable to the winner as his/her name appears on the Declaration and Release Form. Any costs or expenses incurred by the Grand Prize winner in claiming or using the prize will be the responsibility of the winner. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and may not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on when participants enter in the year and on the number of eligible entries received by the Contest Closing Date. Prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-refundable and non-transferable. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant.
- This contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws and regulations.
- All decisions of the independent contest judging organization are final and the Sponsor and judging organization shall not be held responsible for any accident, negligence, printing, administrative or other errors that may arise or occur in connection with the contest. Entrants agree to abide by the Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend or terminate this contest at any time during, before or after the Contest Period and with no obligation or liability, subject to applicable law and the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec..
- The Sponsor reserves the right to ensure each winner is an active member or employee of a Participating Group, and that winners continue to be entitled to receive group rates through their Participating Group throughout the Contest Period and at the time a winner is drawn. If a winner is not an active employee or member a Participating Group and an Eligible Participant at such time, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the winner.
- By entering this Contest, the entrants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, video image, and/or photograph in any related publicity or Internet posting without compensation or notification.
- For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or postage due entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor, which assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or down loading any material in the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right; in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the online portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
Refusal to accept a Grand Prize releases the Sponsor from any and all obligations related to said Grand Prize and to the relevant entrant.
The winner releases the Sponsor and its representatives from any liability for any damage that he or she may suffer as a result of accepting and using a Grand Prize.
The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Unless otherwise provided for in these Rules, all information obtained for this Contest will only be used for the purpose of conducting the Contest.
- In the event of a dispute, online entries will be declared to be made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Unless otherwise specified, this Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.